We spent a great weekend in Pigeon Forge with David's extended family. As most of you know, David's grandfather Howard was a Pentecostal Holiness preacher. The legacy he left is tremendous. His children and his grandchildren are all amazing people who love the Lord and follow their grandfather in their devotion to family. David and 2 of his cousins followed Grandpa Howard into the ministry. The three of them turn 40 this year. To celebrate their birthdays and to get the family together again, Kelly planned a family reunion. (Thanks Kelly, you did a great job!) It was so nice to see everyone again and to meet some new members of the family. It has been a long time since we were all together, there were a lot of kids there who met for the first time.
The first cousins...Jason, David, Mary Nell, Beth, Amy,
Joel, Andrew, Steve, Chris, John and Scott
(one of them is still 39...my husband is the baby of the crew :)
As a special surprise, all three of them were given a framed copy of their
As a special surprise, all three of them were given a framed copy of their
grandfathers ordination certificate (dated 1935) and a picture of him.
I know this meant a great deal to all of them.
This is the paparazzi trying to get pics of the presents being opened.
I thought this was a funny scene and had to take a pic of them.
These are the second cousins (all except Rachel who was greatly missed)
Jordan, Alex,Landon, Lauren, Amanda Olivia, Thomas
Avery, Joshua, Lucas, Avery, Joanna, Jackson, Leah, Taylor
Joshua and Olivia were a little more excited about having their picture taken than Lucas and Joanna.
We hit a milestone this week...Olivia registered for Kindergarten. I can't believe that my sweet little baby with huge cheeks and black hair is ready to start school...but she is. I am a little prejudice but...she is beautiful!
She held onto David and hid behind him.
Eventually she warmed up to the situation and showed off her smile.
Olivia and Piper (or Shawn Johnson and Nastia Luikin as I call them :)
are great friends and will start school together.
It was a milestone day for my baby girl. I pray her journey through school is blessed and full of happiness and learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment