I love Christmas music. We have a local radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 from Thanksgiving Day through Christmas night. I listen to everything from The Little Drummer Boy to I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. I love just about everything they play. The downside is that this is a secular station so they eliminate some of the most beautiful songs. For the truly Christ centered songs I turn to my tried and true collection of CD's. This year I have fallen in love with a song from Sandi Patty's last Christmas CD. The song is called Someday. It is sung like a lullaby from Mary to Baby Jesus. As a mother I remember nights of holding my newborns and wondering what life would bring for them. With the twins, I especially remember those nights because I feared their tiny bodies might not grow into the dreams I held for them. Now, looking back I realize what an amazing blessing I had to hold each of my babies and whisper prayers in their ears. That is probably why this song has come to mean so much to me. Imagine what Mary felt the first night she held her baby. Did she whisper the same prayers other mothers have whispered? Her son was to be the Savior of the World but still, in that time, in her heart He was simply her baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment