Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

What a great day it has been! It was a little rocky in the beginning...5:30 am...but a glorious Easter it turned out to be.


Olivia has been begging for High School Musical 3 for months. Everytime we see saw an ad for it or a product with Troy and Gabriella on it, she would scream and beg for the movie. A few days ago, she was tired of asking and said "Oh, I give up, I don't even want it any more. It's not like I am ever going to get it." I was secretly laughing, knowing her basket was waiting for her.

*** note... turn off the music (on the right side of the blog under feedjit) before you start the video.


It was a rough morning getting everyone ready. David left at 6:35 am. By 6:45 everyone was up and we were already running late. I was short patiented and the kids were beyond whiny. As my frustration grew, their crying grew. The scene was ugly and getting uglier. I tried to get a picture...

I gave up and herded everyone into the van. David met me in the parking lot at church, parked the van, fixed the kids a plate for breakfast and checked them into Sunday School. I ran into the sanctuary in time to find a seat and take a deep breath before the service started. It was a great service filled with music, worship and a salvation message. We are so blessed to be a part of this church family!

After the first service, I went to the preschool wing and apologized to my kids for being short tempered and impatient.


The second service was as powerful as the first. I was overwhelmed with God's goodness and blessings. After this service I grabbed a chance to get a pic of our family...

Then the kids and I headed home to get ready for our guests. The Henrys came over last night and helped set up tables and decorate.

Our church staff family (with the exception of a few who were very much missed) came to our house for Easter dinner. There was a lot of yummy food, stories of God's goodness in today's services and yes, some lame jokes. The 30+ people who blessed our home made this a special day indeed.
After lunch, David and Pastor Joey took charge of the egg hunt. They hid well over 200 eggs in our yard and the field behind our house. At the sound of "go" the big kids headed to the field and little kids headed for the yard. Lots of kids and lots of candy filled eggs...happiness!


After everyone left, I asked Olivia to tell me about Easter. This was the first take...






Take 2 with the boys in another room...



Happy Easter from our blessed home to yours!

3 comments:

OKeedokey said...

I love your blog! I didn't know you had one, or did I?
Anyway, I can relate to the chaos (and the noise) :)

Happy Easter to you and your beautiful family!!!

Betty said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing.

Love Ya

Oh Happy Day said...

So cute!!! I love the pictures and the videos of Olivia are priceless!! How do you put the videos on? do you have a camera you hook up?