Why Sandy? Because she was the first incredible voice I heard proclaiming praises to our God in way that led me to worship. I have never enjoyed southern gospel music and that was all I had ever heard in the Christian music world. Then one blessed day I heard "We shall behold Him". It was then I knew what it was like to praise God through music. Someday I want to hit those high notes and sing to the top of my voice in His presence.

Why 7 months pregnant? Because it is a wonderful time of being a mother. At 7 months you are big enough for people to notice that you are pregnant but not so big as to be uncomfortable. Friends, family and perfect strangers send you well wishes and joy filled greetings. And one very special blessing of this time is known only to the mommy. By this time you can readily feel your baby moving within you and for that time, you alone cradle him just under your heart.
Well, tonight I added to my "opinion"...
When I get to heaven I will sing like Sandy Patti, be 7 months pregnant and there will be an unlimited supply of Gigi's spumoni cupcakes.

Amen and Amen.
As I re-read this to myself I was reminded of a time when reading someone's account of being pregnant would have made me very sad and even angry. Please know that if you are reading this and it rips at your heart because you are longing for "that feeling inside of you", our God is a big God. He can heal your heart in so many ways. He can heal your pain by changing your desires. He can heal your pain by blessing you with a pregnancy after years of disappointments. He can choose to bless you with an adopted child that reminds you just how much our Savior loves us. He can fill what you feel is the emptiest of hopes. I know, I have been there. I have suffered for years and had Him heal my pain through children that can only be descibed as miracles. Have faith and hold to the One who holds all life in His hands. Psalm 37:4
3 comments:
And I said JUST TODAY that when I get to heaven, I'm going to be tall and skinny, so I guess everyone has their "wish list". I will NOT be 7 months pregnant (I'll let you cover that category), but I will rest in the fact that there are no more orphans, no more abused children, no more sick or dying children and that Satan is finally through ruling in my world. What a glorious day. And cupcakes will be nice too!
You made me smile, you made me cry, and you lifted my spirits all in one little blog. That deserves another "Amen and Amen." Love you!
LeAnn, it is wonderful to "watch" you become that wise woman of Proverbs 31. I call you blessed and say thank you...you know a Mother's heart.
Love you.
Post a Comment