Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Legacy lives on...

At our last church we had an annual dessert auction. It was a great night of sweets, laughing and lots of bidding and out bidding. It was a thrill for each lady as her special dessert went up for auction and the bids began to be made. Each year there were a few desserts that everyone looked forward to...anything by Mrs. Judy, Mrs. Binkley's coconut cake, Joy's banana pudding. Well, for some unknown reason, my red velvet cake was a favorite of one special bidder. Old Man always won the bid for my cake. It has been a couple of years since my last dessert auction but I always think about those nights when I make red velvet cake.

Today I am trying to insure that my red velvet legacy lives on...Olivia helped me bake today. We made cupcakes instead of a big cake (her choice). She loved breaking the eggs and running the mixer. I have decided that red food coloring is not a good choice to use with high energy little girls :) Even on "low" a mixer can sling red batter all over a kitchen. Cabinets and floors wipe off easily, curtains and pink shirts are a different matter.

2 comments:

Jay Beerley said...

I love the dessert auction! And now I'm craving a dessert from Ms. Judy! :)

Maria said...

I vaguely remember a husband of "someone" who didn't bid for a cake (was it carrot?) one year and got in some serious trouble! We miss you guys so much!!!