Sunday, November 30, 2008

Carols...Anyone?

I love pulling out the Christmas CDs. Each year I fall in love all over again with so many songs. I also find myself remembering Christmases past when I sang one of the songs or someone at church sang them. Some bring a special memory embedded in the beautiful harmonies.

So I thought I would ask you my family and friends or random strangers who stumble onto this page to share your favorite lyrics. Just post a comment of your favorites...


"We're not that far from Bethlehem,
where all our hope and joy began,
for when our hearts still cherish Him,
we're not that far from Bethlehem"
Point of Grace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

With Caleb being born at Christmas time, I love Joseph's Lullaby by Mercy Me.
"Go to sleep my Son
Go and chase Your dreams
This world can wait for one more moment
Go and sleep in peace"

wonderfuljourney said...

I have traveled many moonless nights,
Cold and weary with a babe inside,
And i wonder what I've done.
Holy father you have come,
And chosen me now to carry your son.
I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now.
Be with me now. - Amy Grant
I love this song, I think it gives you a sense of what Mary must have been going through.

Sam and Holly said...

Light Your World
Let the love of God shine through
in the little things you do
light your world
and though your light my be
reaching only two or three
light your world

I love the message of this song! I LOVE the songs that bring tears to my eyes as I am blaring the music and singing along in my car! (As I wrote the lyrics I also thought of Lyndell Littleton and lighting the candles in the church in at the hanging of the green for some reason! haha)

Kerri Ledford said...

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus ...
There's just something about that name!

Aunt Shirley

Jay Beerley said...

Oh Emmanuel, God with us
Spirit revealed in us
That we may be your hope to the world
Oh Emmanuel, God with us
With a light to break the darkness
That we may show your hope to the world
Emmanuel, God with us
Be God in us

"Emmanuel, God with Us" - Point of Grace
What a great idea LeAnn! I've loved reading everyone's responses.

Linda said...

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.
Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah,Hallelujah.
For the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah,Hallelujah.
For (Hallelujah) the Lord (Hallelujah) God omnipotent reign-(Hallelujah)-eth. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah.

The kingdom of this world is become.
The kingdom of our lord and of his Christ, and of his Christ.
And he shall reign for ever and ever.
For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah

King of Kings. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
And lord of lords. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
King of Kings. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
And lord of lords. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
King of Kings. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
And lord of lords. For ever and ever hallelujah hallelujah.
King of kings and lord of lords.

And he shall reign for ever for ever and ever.
King of kings, and lord of lords. King of kings and lord of lords.
And he shall reign for ever for ever and ever.

For ever and ever. For ever and ever.
Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah.

Hallelujah.



I am amazed and in awe every time I hear this incredible work - I can only imagine how awesome the choir in Heaven will be!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family.


Love you,
Linda