Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Alex


My baby turns 12 today. I can't believe it! It seems like yesterday I was holding him for the first time. He was so tiny and handsome. He took quite a while to arrive (15 hours of labor) but so worth it. Alexander Kyle was a dream come true for David and me. We cherished every day with this perfect little boy. I made up a tune and extra verse to a familiar passage in a children's book. Every night I sang to him...I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be...Alex I love you and Daddy loves you, you're our sweet baby a gift from above.

Now, all these years later, Alex has gone through some pretty incredible changes with us and our family. All in all he has handled it pretty well. He is an amazing young man. I am so very proud of him and love him more than life itself. There are 2 little boys and 1 little girl who have the greatest big brother ever. And though he gets angry and upset with all the "babies" in his world, he loves and treasures them all.

Thank you God for blessing my life with Alex. Happy Birthday sweet boy, I will always love you!


1 comment:

JEff said...

Wow! I can't believe he's 12! He's a really special young man. And he can tie-dye a mean pair of scrubs!