
Then there's these 2 sweet people...they raised the most incredible son.
That leads me to the fabulous friends who share our lives. We are blessed with treasured friends from Tennessee to Romania. When I look at our friends I see a well used map that traces every path our lives have taken. Each person entering our lives at a push pin marked destination and then joining our adventure for a short time or the long journey. Thank you friends for caravaning through life with us.
Last but not least, today I am thankful for 2 very special ladies. My heart misses them so. It was Thanksgiving Day 1995 when my sweet Grandmother went to be with Jesus. This lady was a treasure. She raised 12 children of her own plus countless grandchildren off and on. I was lucky enough to live with her. She was the most selfless, God-honoring woman I have ever known. I wish so much she had know my children.
Yes, that is me when I was 3 months old.
My mom was so proud of her grandchildren. I remember all little jokes she had with Alex. "I love you more than mud"..."Breakfast? Mt. Dew, chips?" She was a great grandmother. She died when the boys were only one. Olivia was 2 but already talking about "NooNoo". They are really great kids, Mom. I wish you could be here to live life with them.
On a side note... we try to instill thankfulness in our children everyday but especially during this season. Olivia is by far the most vocal in her thankfulness. But Thanksgiving morning's revelation really took me by surprise. We were watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Rockettes started their traditional kick line...Her face lit up..."Who is that, Mom". I told her about the Rockettes...the most famous dancers in all the world. Her response, eyes glued to their every snap-like head turn and kick... "Oh, Mom I am most thankful for them, they are so beautiful".
So Happy Thanksgiving from all of us! We pray your holiday was filled with the joy of family, friends, food and especially the Rockettes :)
1 comment:
So blessed :)
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, as well!
Post a Comment