I will admit when "soccer mom" was first thrown into the national spotlight, I was a little confused. I didn't know if there was an exclusive "club" that was causing all this hullabaloo or if it was truly a slow news week. At the time I had a sweet little 3 year old who was playing soccer for the first time. So I was a soccer mom but I knew I yielded no political power :) I was amused to watch the clamourings of newscasters trying to predict the weight of the soccer mom vote in future presidential elections.
Move forward 10 years. The political "soccer mom" has been overshadowed by the "Nascar Dad" (I will reserve my opinions on that phenomenon :) The term soccer mom rarely scores a mention on The Today Show. Now we really are mothers of soccer players, not political heavyweights. That is ok with me. I LOVE my soccer players and I LOVE being their mom. I drive my mini-van with pride!
Now these new soccer players are not as how should I say..."accomplished" as their brother. Their first game was more like a comedy than a sports telecast. One scored an accidental goal, one stood on the field and NEVER moved (not one muscle) the other played really hard for 3 minutes, announced he was done, sat down and took off his shin guards.... It may be a long season :)
1 comment:
You have four of the sweetest soccer stars out there!
Love the pics!
Post a Comment