On this day 5 years ago a judge in Oregon signed the official decree making Olivia our daughter. We like to say that on August 15 (her birthday) God gave her to the world. On October 26, He gave her to us.
I have come to recognize "daughter" as one of the most beautiful words in the English language. Olivia brings a life and laughter to our family that could only come from a little girly girl. Pink just happens when she is around...high heels, bows, mismatched garbs of skirts, leggings, dresses, belts and purses. There is a fresh breeze of life out loud with Olivia. At times I don't remember her energy and abundant personality are blessings. Sadly, I get frustrated and try to contain her. It is a challenge to teach her personal restraint while still allowing her to grow in the spirit that God gifted in her. I am confident in His plan for her. I can only imagine what He is going to do in, with and through her. It could very well be that Olivia will set the world on its knees as she proclaims Jesus.
Happy Adoption Day my sweet Olivia! I love you oodles and streudles and bunches of noodles!!!
3 comments:
So precious!! I'm so glad God blessed you with such a sweet little girl. We all need a little pink in our lives!
Awww, sweet Olivia! I'm so glad God chose to bless you guys with her!
What and anniversary and birthday present I got in 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Our lives would not be the same with this precious girl!
Post a Comment