Sunday, March 15, 2009

Our Sunday

It has been an exhausting few days. The consignment sale was a great success. Thanks to all Tater Heads!


Olivia loves to sing and her favorites songs right now are what she calls "Mrs. Mel" songs. In other words...songs that Mel leads during our worship time at church. Picture this beautiful little girl swinging sky high on the swing set, curls flapping in the wind, feet pumping back and forth, back arched as if she could fold in half and all along singing to the top of her voice...


Savior, He can move the mountains,
My God is mighty to save
He is mighty to save.
Forever, Author of salvation,
He rose and conquered the grave,
Jesus conquered the grave...
Shine your light and let the whole world see,
We're singing for the glory of the risen King,
Jesus


No one in our neighborhood can say they never heard the Word. They hear it every pretty day coming from our backyard.


Today, we are singing that song at church. I was so excited about Olivia being able to sing it at church. She came in for rehearsals on Wednesday night and was jumping up and down when she heard Mel introduce it.


I couldn't wait for today....then, well, you know, life with 4 kids...we woke up to well, you know, "tummy problems". Lucas is sick. So he and I are here watching movies and keeping the plastic trash can close at hand.


Olivia and Joshua went to church with Mrs. Mindy. I am sure Olivia loved singing praises this morning.


Alex was already at church. This was his first big overnight youth event. This weekend was DNOW. I can't believe my baby is this old, but he is (yes Jeff, I did cry :). I am so proud of him. He is a great kid and loves being in the youth ministry.
Well, that is our Sunday for now...1 sick, 1 singing her favorite song, 1 in Sunday School for the first time without his twin (wow, that is a post all it's own) and 1 one full fledged "youth".
If you think my hands are full...you should see my heart !

2 comments:

Linda said...

Sometimes it works that way so the one that's sick gets "mommy time." Being the mother of 4 makes it challenging to have individual time with each one, so cherish those times you get to "mommy" and bond with one.
Enjoy each moment!

JEff said...

Wow! Hearing that Alex is going to DNow can really make a guy feel older. He was certainly not that old when I met him 4 years ago!