Tonight I popped popcorn for the little kids. They each had their own bowl at the table while Nemo was on TV. After she had all she wanted, Olivia decided to play. As she was playing "waitress" her bowl spilled. There was popcorn all over the floor. I, wanting to teach her responsibility, told her she had to clean it up. She first went upstairs to avoid it, I brought her back down. She then said she didn't do it, I corrected her. When she had exhausted her arsenal of arguments, she brought out the big gun. She sat down in the middle of the popcorn, picked up one piece then looked at me with a serious gaze. "You know" she said, "the Bible says we are to share all things and this is a thing and helping me is a thing." It took all of my "mommy motivation" to stare her down and explain that the Bible also says "children obey your parents" when I wanted to fall in the floor and laugh. If she has this kind of reasoning and thought processes at 4...what will 13 or 16 be like? Those may be difficult but can you imagine what she will do in God's kingdom?
Monday, January 26, 2009
Skiing and "The Bible says..."
David and Alex had a "mancation" last week. They went skiing at Perfect North. Alex was doing double black diamonds by the end of their time on the mountain. His words were..."We conquered the mountain!"

Tonight I popped popcorn for the little kids. They each had their own bowl at the table while Nemo was on TV. After she had all she wanted, Olivia decided to play. As she was playing "waitress" her bowl spilled. There was popcorn all over the floor. I, wanting to teach her responsibility, told her she had to clean it up. She first went upstairs to avoid it, I brought her back down. She then said she didn't do it, I corrected her. When she had exhausted her arsenal of arguments, she brought out the big gun. She sat down in the middle of the popcorn, picked up one piece then looked at me with a serious gaze. "You know" she said, "the Bible says we are to share all things and this is a thing and helping me is a thing." It took all of my "mommy motivation" to stare her down and explain that the Bible also says "children obey your parents" when I wanted to fall in the floor and laugh. If she has this kind of reasoning and thought processes at 4...what will 13 or 16 be like? Those may be difficult but can you imagine what she will do in God's kingdom?
Tonight I popped popcorn for the little kids. They each had their own bowl at the table while Nemo was on TV. After she had all she wanted, Olivia decided to play. As she was playing "waitress" her bowl spilled. There was popcorn all over the floor. I, wanting to teach her responsibility, told her she had to clean it up. She first went upstairs to avoid it, I brought her back down. She then said she didn't do it, I corrected her. When she had exhausted her arsenal of arguments, she brought out the big gun. She sat down in the middle of the popcorn, picked up one piece then looked at me with a serious gaze. "You know" she said, "the Bible says we are to share all things and this is a thing and helping me is a thing." It took all of my "mommy motivation" to stare her down and explain that the Bible also says "children obey your parents" when I wanted to fall in the floor and laugh. If she has this kind of reasoning and thought processes at 4...what will 13 or 16 be like? Those may be difficult but can you imagine what she will do in God's kingdom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, how did you not laugh??? I would not have been able to keep it together. Hilarious!
:)
The greatest and the most difficulty conversations are yet to come, but she (and the boys) will always hold your heart. Enjoy them in the good times and the difficult ones.
Love you!
Haha!! She's a smart cookie!
I read the Jamie Lee Curtis book "Tell Me the Story About the Night I was Born" today for the first time...one of my students had checked it out from the media center. I thought about Olivia as I was reading and what a blessing she has been to your family. =)
I haven't figured out yet how to not fall apart laughing at things like that! You must teach me the secret!!! How precious that she would say that...I love it:)
Post a Comment